How to Appear Confident (and Maybe Become More Confident in the Process)
1. Imagine someone who appears invincible and try to mirror their body language.
2. Breathe deep and slow.
3. Stand tall, level your gaze, smile, and look around you in a slow, deliberate way.
4. Maintain eye contact for a few seconds with each person you encounter.
5. Express yourself with a strong, resonant voice.
6. Use hand gestures to show your feelings and emphasize key concepts.
7. Move toward people slightly when you want to engage them.
8. Show warm appreciation for the chance to connect when saying goodbye.
Reference: Every Body's Talking: What We Say Without Words by Donna M. Jackson with Carol Kinsey Goman, PhD