ANXIETY, PANIC & FEARS
People experiencing anxiety and panic often describe:
- excessive and/or unrealistic worry that is difficult to control
- feeling constantly on edge
- concentration difficulties
- trouble falling or staying asleep
- a general state of irritability
- restlessness, tiredness, shakiness, or muscle tension
- palpitations, shortness of breath, dry mouth, trouble swallowing, nausea, or diarrhea
Many of our fears grow in their intensity without us ever stopping to analyze their exact nature, causes, probabilities of occurrence, the amount of control we might have over the situation, and the very real outcomes that are possible if our fears were realized. I am an anxiety therapist in Ottawa who helps people review and heal from their fears.
As you rationally analyze the nature and cause of your fear and its real outcome, the fear will dissipate and your ability to cope will increase. I can assist you in a looking at and processing your greatest fears and reinforcing your coping skills for anxiety and panic.
We tend to forget about our ability to cope when our anxieties and fears seem so real and debilitating. All of us have had fears, however, that we have overcome or that we have functioned with in spite of their presence from childhood right into adulthood. We learn to cope and to function to overcome anxiety. Our anxieties don’t need to cripple us or cause us to avoid circumstances. We can face our anxieties head-on. I can help you rediscover successful coping skills that you have used in the past and apply them to the current anxieties.
If you’re seeking anxiety therapy in Ottawa, I can assist you in:
- reducing overall frequency, intensity, and duration of anxiety so that your daily functioning is less impaired
- stabilizing anxiety levels while increasing your ability to function on a daily basis
- resolving the core conflict that is the source of your anxiety
- enhancing your ability to effectively cope with the full variety of life’s anxieties